Oil/canvas, 75 x 60 cm, lo. le. sign. M. Ahrens-Salem. - Hamburg landscape and figure painter. A. worked as labourer in the harbour before studying at the Hamburg Landeskunstschule under A. Illies 1923-26. In 1943 his studio and oeuvre were destroyed. After the war he settled first in Mölln, thereafter in Salem near Ratzeburg. Mus.: Hamburg (Kunsthalle). Lit.: Der Neue Rump, Heydorn.