Around 1925. Bronze with olive patina, h. 34,5 cm, sign. and dated onto the plinth 'Fred Voelckerling 1913-1924', on the front side a crowned 'W'. - - German sculptor. After graduating from the Dresden school for arts and crafts V. worked in the studio of Robert Diez in Dresden and then in the studio of Emmanuel Frémiet in Paris. 1905 he founded his own studio in Dresden. V. created lots of official monuments, but his true passion was for the animal sculpture. Comp.: Voelckerling, Fred. In: Ernst-Günter Knüppel: Robert Diez. Bildhauerkunst zwischen Romantik und Jugendstil. Leipziger Universitätsverlag, Leipzig 2009, S. 189-190; Thieme-Becker.