Oil/cardboard, 36 x 53,5 cm, lo. ri. sign. E. Dücker. - German landscape painter of Estonian origin. D. studied at the St. Petersburg academy 1868-63, a scholarship allowed him to travel Western Europe. Thereafter he settled in Düsseldorf where he became professor in 1872 as successor of O. Achenbach. His style reduced to a minimum helped to renew the Düsseldorf school of landscape painting. He took part in the most important exhibitions.