Germany, beg. of 20th cent. Bronze with browngreen patina, h. 33 cm, on a stone base, h. 11 cm, onto the plinth sign. 'R. Kaesbach'., foundry mark: 'Ernst Kraas Bildgiesserei'. Left leg min. prof. rest. - German sculptor, studied at the academies of Hanau, Paris and Brussel. Since 1904 he worked as a sculptor in Berlin and went public with a series of life-sized marble figures during exhibitions in Berlin, Dusseldorf and Malmö. In later years he devoted himself increasingly to the representation of female nudes. With his sculptures Kaesbach was represented on the big German art exhibitions of 1939, 1940, 1941 and 1943 in the House of German Art in Munich.