Kunst und Antiquitäten → An imposing Bronze Group 'Two Sheep'
Early 20th cent. Bronze with browngreen patina. Sign. to the topside of the plinth 'W.ZÜGEL'. Foundry mark by 'GUSS v. A. BRANDSTETTER MÜNCHEN' to the small side of the border. H. 35,5 cm, 41 x 25 cm. - Animal sculptor, son of the Munich painter Heinrich von Zügel, studied at the Munich Art Academy since 1900, since 1903 autodidact in the field of sculpture, since 1910 member of the Münchner Secession, 1926 appointed as professor of Fine Arts in Munich. Mus.: Berlin (Nationalgalerie), Bremen (Kunsthalle), München (Neue Staatsgalerie). Lit.: Thieme-Becker