Around. Flashed glass with rose and greenish stripes. Decor: etched thistle pedicels and blossoms with enamel painting, on ice ground. At the bottom inscribed 'Daum Nancy' and Lothringian Cross (n gold). H. 11,5 cm. - The glass factory was founded in 1875 by Jean Daum Nancy (1825-85) and continued by his sons Auguste (1854-1909) and Antonin (1864-1930). The brothers are beside Emile Gallé the most important artistes of the Ecole de Nancy. In particular, the technique of melted glass powder (Verre de Jade) was perfected by them. Around 1900 major artists like Henri Bergé or Almaric Walter are working as a designer for the Daum brothers.