Germany, beg. 20th cent. Bronze with brown patina, h. 26 cm, l. 42 cm, w. 24 cm, on a stone base, h. 4 cm, on the top side of the plinth sign. 'O. Pilz'.- The model designed for the Meissen manufactory dates from 1906. - German sculptor. Studies at the Dresden School of Arts and Crafts and the Academy of Fine Arts in Berlin, member of the 'German Werkbund'. Otto Pilz was predominantly an animal sculptor. As a free lancer of the Meissen porcelain manufactory he created between 1905 and 1912 numerous plaster models and he designed also for the Schwarzburger Werkstätten and Hutschenreuther. 1905 he also began to design numerous models for bronze sculptures, mainly animal sculptors for the interior and public space.