Oil/canvas, 41,5 x 56,5 cm, lo. le. sign. H. Wrage, on the stretcher inscribed 'Städtchen Alba-Canazei', min. rest. - North German landscape painter. W. studied at the Düsseldorf academy as master student of O. Achenbach. There h e met H. P. Feddersen with whom he also studied at the Weimar academy in 1871. After travelling widely through Europe a. living in Munich 1872-74 he studied again at the Berlin academy after 1875. Thereafter he founded a painting school in Gremsmühlen in Schleswig-Holstein. The major part of his oeuvre was destroyed by a fire in 1915.