Oil/canvas/cardboard, 61,5 x 50 cm, on the reverse inscribed v. Ehren 96. - Hamburg landscape a. animal painter. E. studied in Weimar under L. von Kalckreuth together with A. Mohrbutter a. R. Höckner as well as at the Munich academy. Back in Hamburg he was among the founders of the Hamburgischer Künstlerclub. He was also member of the Berlin secession. E. was awarded a gold medal in Dresden in 1899.