Pencil, charcoal, water colours, 42 x 33 cm, lo. ri. sign., dated a. inscr. Fr. K. Gotsch 20 R., lo. mi. inscr. 9061. Uninspected out of frame. - German landscape painter. G. was pupil of H. Ralfs in Kiel, a. studied at the Dresden Academy under O. Hettner a. O. Kokoschka since. 1920. Together with Hilde Goldschmidt he studied at the Académie Colarossi in Paris in 1926/27, followed by study trips to the USA, to Paris, Italy a. Munich. After WW II, when he lost most of his oeuvre, he settled in St. Peter-Ording on the shore of the North Sea. 1949-51 he taught at the 'Baukreis', an art school founded by A. Fiedler in Hamburg. In 1971 the F.-K. Gotsch trust was founded. Among his prizes is the Villa Romana award. - Mus.: Los Angeles, Genf (Petit Palais), Schleswig (SHLM), Würzburg a. others. - Lit.: Vollmer.