Oil on canvas, 62,5 x 79 cm. - German landscape painter. H. entered on a commercial career on his father's request but started taking drawing lessons in 1908. 1909-14 he studied at the Weimar Kunstschule, since 1912 as master student of its director F. Mackensen. H. painted time a. time again in the surroundings of Worpswede a. Fischerhude where he affiliated, together with other young artist, with O. Modersohn.