Dresden, 1741. Silver, marked with Dresden city mark '13' lötig, MM.: 'HLS', year letter 'Q', engraved AR3 monogram with 4, zick zack line, wodden handle and knob. (Comp. Rosenberg, no. 1662, 1795, 1796). H. 10 cm, weight c. 260 g. - Prov.: Hamburg Privat Collection. - This chocolate pot was originally located in one of silver service of the Electors of Saxony. Under Elector Friedrich August II (Elector of Saxony and as Augustus III King of Poland, son of August the Strong) this chocolate pot came to the court silverware. The inventory from O'Byrn (written around1880) mentioned also the silver master H.L. Schmey, which silver objects was incorporated into the existing silver court services. In the last days of the 2nd world this pot was handed of His Royal Highness Prince Friedrich Christian, Duke of Saxony, Margrave of Meissen (1893-1968) as a reward for faithful service and was still owned by the family since then. - Lit. Ulli Arnold, Dresdner Hofsilber des 18. Jhs., Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden Grünes Gewölbe, p. 32 ff. On p. 34 with image of the engraved AR3 monogram. - We thank Frau Dr. Weinhold of the Dresden State Art Collections for their kind support.