1926, oil/canvas, 148,5 x 102,5 cm, lo. le. sign. Georg W. Rössner. - This is probably the first version of a painting repeated by the artist in 1929 in smaller dimensions. Cf. Holger Behling: G. W. R. zum 100. Geburtstag, Flensburg 1985, p. 46. - German landscape a. portrait painter as well as graphic artist, in 1904 he was pupil of A. Lewin-Funke a. L. Corinth in Berlin, 1905-06 he studied at the Académie Julian in Paris under M. A. Baschet, in 1910 he shared a studio with G. Markcks a. R. Scheibe in Berlin, since 1911 he exhibited with the Munich secession, in 1920 he joined the Berlin secession a. became professor at the Staatliche Kunstschule, in 1927 he was in the Villa Massimo in Rome, 1937-39 he worked as visiting professor in Santiago de Chile, in WW II he lost all of his earlier works that had been moved to Silesia with the Berlin academy, R. moved to Kappeln in 1965 he was again in the Villa Massimo as guest of honour. - Mus.: Berlin (Nat.-Gal.) - Lit.: Thieme-Becker, Vollmer, Bénézit.