France, 20th cent. Bronze with brown patina, foundary mark "J.B. Deposee Bronze Garantie Paris", num. A 1130, mounted on a black marble plinth. Design about 1802 for the English patron of the arts Thomas Hope. Now the monumental marble sculpture belong to the Thorvaldsen Museum in Copenhagen and marks the beginning of the period of the so called Neo-Classicism. Figure h. 65 cm, plinthe h. 4 cm, 21 x 21 cm.