Berlin, KPM, designed 1914, made soon after. Porcelain with underglazed polychrome painting. Designed after the bronze group by Grasegger at the carnival's fountain in Cologne, Gülichplatz. Sign. to the plinth 'GRASEGGER' and '1914' (impressed). Blue sceptre mark, orb and 'K.P.M., iron cross (black), year mark 'P' (=1915) and model's no. '10477' (impressed). Min. chipped. H. 34,5 cm. - German sculptor and craftsman, was educated at the Munich Academy under Wilhelm von Ruemann, since 1901 teaching at the Cologne School of Arts and Crafts, exhibited his works at the most important exhibitions from the turn of the century (Munich, Glaspalast; Berlin, Gr. Kunstausstellung; Mannheim; Köln). Lit.: Thieme/Becker, Vollmer etc.