Oil/canvas, 78,5 x 65,5 cm, up. le. sign. a. dat. Heider-Schweinitz 37, on the stretcher titled 'Dunkler Baum im Seewind'. - German paintress of expressive realism. She was first taught by G. Mosson in Berlin in 1911. She studied sculpting under R. Scheibe a. G. Kolbe 1925-29. In 1932 K. Schmidt-Rottluff procured her a studio of her own at the Frankfurt Städelschule; she was also his pupil a. became a close friend of him. She followed him to his internal exile in Leba in Pomerania in 1933. Five years later she was banned from her profession by the Nazis. The major part of her oeuvre was lost in WW II. After the war she exhibited at the gallery of Hanna Bekker vom Rath in Frankfurt. Rosa Schapire in London began to write a monograph over H.-S. but died before finishing it.