Berlin, KPM, execution around 1820, after a model from 1769. Part of a 'Hercules and Venus' - group. Blue sceptre mark. H. 32 cm. Comp.: Köllmann/Jarchow: Berliner Porzellan, München, 1984, ill. vol., fig. 162. - brother of the better-known Friedrich Elias Meyer, he came to Berlin in 1761 and became director of the Berlin Academy. With his brother he created the famous centrepiece for the Empress Katharina II. of Russia (1772).