1. half 18th cent., oil/canvas, 21,5 x 30 cm, some dam., relined. - Flemish landscape painter. G. was taught painting in Antwerp. Since 1659 he worked in Paris where he became member of the academy in 1659. In 1672 he was accepted as master by the Antwerp St. Luke's guild. Since 1674 he worked in Italy for eight years. He returned to Antwerp a. became a well-known painting teacher.