KPM/Berlin, around 1790. From the series 'Die freyen Künste'. Design from 1770. Polychrome painted group of figures with standing female figure on a square-cut base, holding a fanfare and symbols of architecture. At her feet a contemplating architect and a monkey with a hammer. Verso at the base inscribed 'Baukunst' (engl. Architecture/the art of building). Sceptre mark. H. 37 cm. - See: Jarchow/Köllmann, Berliner Porzellan, München 1987, vol. II, p. 360, fig. 156.