Nancy, 1905-10. Colorless glass, overlaid in opalescent white, powder inclusions in blue and violet, rough ground. Highly etched decor with fuchsias, polychrome paint. Sign.: 'Daum Nancy' with cross of lorraine. H. 8,5 cm. - The glass factory was founded in 1875 by Jean Daum Nancy (1825-85) and continued by his sons Auguste (1854-1909) and Antonin (1864-1930). The brothers are beside Emile Gallé the most important artistes of the Ecole de Nancy. In particular, the technique of melted glass powder (Verre de Jade) was perfected by them. Around 1900 major artists like Henri Bergé or Almaric Walter are working as a designer for the Daum brothers.