Early 20th cent. Bronze with dark patina, h. 42 cm, w. 42 cm, d. 18 cm, sign. on the plinth 'L.TUAILLON', sideways at the plinth foundry mark 'H.NOACK BERLIN FRIEDENAU, probably repaired. The monumental bronze group 'Der Rosslenker' has been executed in Rome and was set up in Bremen in 1902. Since 1986 the sculpture is replaced by a copy at ist present site of the Wallanlage in Bremen-Mitte, the original bronze is a listed monument. This sculpture is an authentic scaled-down cast after the monumental bronze original in Bremen. - Prussian sculptor. 1879-81 study at Hochschule für Bildende Künste in Berlin, afterwards master student by R. Begas. From 1906 worked as a professor at the Academy in Berlin. Regarded as a pioneer of modernism of sculpture in Berlin.