Nancy, around 1910. Glass with flashing in green and brown colours. On the matted ground high and deep etched decor: rose hips and leafage. Inscribed: Daum Nancy with the Cross of Lorraine (high etching). H. 9 cm. - The glass factory was founded in 1875 by Jean Daum Nancy (1825-85) and continued by his sons Auguste (1854-1909) and Antonin (1864-1930). The brothers are beside Emile Gallé the most important artistes of the Ecole de Nancy. In particular, the technique of melted glass powder (Verre de Jade) was perfected by them. Around 1900 major artists like Henri Bergé or Almaric Walter are working as a designer for the Daum brothers.