Nancy, around 1895-1900. Flashed glass with green and rose flour meltings, mat-etched outside. Continous high-etched decor: Cornflowers and meadow flowers with polychrome paint. At the bottom inscribed: Daum Nancy and the Cross of Lorraine (in gold). Slightly worn. H. 8,5 cm. - The glass factory was founded in 1875 by Jean Daum Nancy (1825-85) and continued by his sons Auguste (1854-1909) and Antonin (1864-1930). The brothers are beside Emile Gallé the most important artistes of the Ecole de Nancy. In particular, the technique of melted glass powder (Verre de Jade) was perfected by them. Around 1900 major artists like Henri Bergé or Almaric Walter are working as a designer for the Daum brothers.